Role: Data Engineer
Work Location: Abu Dhabi
Start Date: Immediate Joiners to Maximum of 4 weeks’ Notice preferred
Salary: depending on experience
1 flight back home each year
As a Data Engineer in our team, you will be responsible for assessing complex new data sources and quickly turning these into business insights. You will visually demonstrate data concepts and use-cases that will provide business value to our customers.
- Detailed reviewing and analyzing structured, semi-structured and unstructured data sources for quality, completeness and business value.
- Design, architect, implement and test rapid prototypes that demonstrate value of the data and present them to diverse audiences.
- Participate in early state design and feature definition activities.
- You help to prove concepts, evaluate innovative technologies and contribute ideas to create actionable implementations.
- You use open source or readily available technology to generate visualizations from new data sources.
- Support the integration of proven prototypes into core intelligence products.
- Advanced working knowledge and experience with relational and non-relational databases
- Experience building and optimizing Big Data Data pipelines, architectures and data sets
- Strong analytic skills related to working with unstructured datasets
- A successful history of manipulating, processing and extracting value from large disconnected datasets
- Working knowledge of message queuing, streaming processing, and highly scalable data stores
- Experience developing within the ELK stack(Elastic Search, Log Stash & Kibana)
Qualifications and Experience:
- Minimum 5 years of experience
- Bachelor’s degree in CS, Statistics, Information Systems or another quantitative field.
- Knowledge/Experience with a cloud stack.
- Telecom and/or government data set experience/knowledge.
- Experience working in an Agile environment, CSD, CSM, SA, ASE
- Employment Status: Permanent
- Job Location: United Arab Emirates